Freelance Technical Writer and Trainer
We're dedicated to your personal and professional growth
- Do you wish you had a job that gave you the stability, autonomy, variety, and challenges that you're seeking?
- Do you wish you worked for a company that felt like a family, worked like a team, and had a good time together like friends?
Engagency is much more than a place to work, it's a place to learn, to lead, and to grow. We've created a place where you're encouraged to explore and develop your skills and interests, both personally and professionally. While we do a lot to nurture and nourish our team, the greatest benefit of joining our team is the balance of autonomy and support that each individual receives. You'll work independently with the support of a highly collaborative team on projects with high visibility for brands with a global reach.
Good Character = Good Culture
At Engagency, good culture is the natural result of attracting good people. We believe that creating a good company culture is more about what you give, than what you get. We've created a culture that is friendly, collaborative, and down to earth. We've created an environment where doing excellent work, intrinsic motivation, and going above and beyond is the norm- but we still don't take ourselves too seriously.
We've created a culture that is dedicated to caring for each other, and always doing what's right for our customers and putting their needs first. We like to work hard, and we like to relax and have interesting conversations over lunch together. A few times a year we like to celebrate all of our hard work and success, with some really fun and memorable team activities. We've created a place that we all look forward to coming to in the morning.
Call us idealists, but we don't think it's too much to ask...
We're looking for a hard working technical writer and trainer with a curious mind and servant's heart.
Skills & Requirements
- Creating Training documentation for a Web Content Management (WCM) system implementations based on specific content and functionality created for the website.
- Provide Step by Step Instructions
- Utilize screenshots
- Provide contextual information
- Develop training to include:
- General overview of how to use Sitecore - the WCM platform
- Overview of how the content is structured in the Sitecore backend for the client's specific implementation
- Page Setup
- Individual Module Setup
- How to Setup Personalization, if included in the project
- Other Functionality as needed
- Conducting Training using screen share technology
- Field Questions regarding how to use Sitecore and how to set up specific items
CONTRACT / FREELANCE ONLY
- Must be extremely responsible, reliable, trustworthy, well organized, have a keen eye and attention detail, and have excellent communication skills
- Must have a positive attitude and love taking care of people
- Experience and comfort level with complex, web-based systems
- Proficiency in writing Help or Training guides for complex, web-based systems
- Experience with web or software development environments
- Strong ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Familiarity and experience with Sitecore
- Experience with other WCM systems is a plus
- Genuine desire to be helpful and to enable users to be self-sufficient
This will initially be a contract only position and is estimated to take around 12-16 hours per week, with a strong likelihood of increasing.
This contract position is located in 78749 Southwest Austin Texas and is on-site only. At Engagency, we believe that people do their best work when they have a team of people to collaborate and coordinate with, in person. We find that work is more meaningful when it's done with a sense of community, and you have a good group of people to share lunch and talk with every day. We work hard to find good people to work with. If you're looking for more than a job, we look forward to hearing from you.
Recruiters, we ask that you respect our "we don't hire people that are referred to us by a recruiter" policy, by not contacting us. Thanks : )
When you apply, please include your resume and an example of a training document you have written.
Apply On Indeed